The following IT systems are in use at the practice:
- Referral Management (using NHS numbers in referrals)
- Electronic Appointment Booking (the facility to book routine appointments online and, similarly, to cancel appointments
- Online booking of repeat prescriptions
- Summary Care Record (uploading details of your current medication and allergies to the national “spine” so that these are available for doctors involved in your care elsewhere)
- GP to GP transfers (the electronic transfer of records from practice to practice when you re-register
- Patient Access to records (the facility to view your medical records online).
If you are not already registered for online access and would like to be please complete our online form.
If you would like access to your medical records enabled or would like to opt out of the local or national summary care record, please contact reception.
Copies of Medical Records
If you would like a copy of the information that we hold about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - this email address is used for administrative purposes only, and it should not be used for medical enquiries. For medical enquiries please phone the surgery on 01884 831300.
We will provide your Medical Records free of charge, however, we may in some limited and exceptional circumstances, have to make an administrative charge for any extra copies if the information requested is excessive, complex or repetitive. We have one month to reply to you and give you the information that you require. We would ask, therefore, that any requests you make are in writing, using the 'Subject Access Request Form' below and that it is made clear to us what and how much information you require.