Self referral for local services
There are a number of local services that don't require you to speak with your GP for a referral. Listed below are services that you are able to make a self referral to, reducing the time before you can access the service.
Anxiety, depression and stress
You can self refer to Talkworks by ringing 0300 555 3344 or by completing the self referral form on their website.
Talkworks is an NHS service providing talking therapy for patients suffering from anxiety, depression or stress.
Click here to visit the Talkworks Devon website.
Sexual Health clinics provide sexual health services for those who either have symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection or those that require screening. They also provide contraception including emergency contraception.
All services are confidential, you can attend a clinic without a medical referral anonymously. Any information given will not appear on your medical records without your permission.
Clinics offer a range of services that may include:
- cervical smear testing
- testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- advice about sexual health
- free condoms
- contraception, including emergency contraception
- HIV testing
- care of people who are HIV positive
- PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) - medication that can help prevent people from developing HIV if they've been exposed to it
- hepatitis B vaccination
- advice about abortion
- help for people who have been sexually assaulted
Click here to visit the Devon Sexual Health NHS website.