Self Help Resources
This page is to give advice and guidance to patients on how to manage their long-term conditions, how to deal with minor injury and illness that doesn't require treatment from a clinician and give patients advice on several topics.
Learn more about family health and the services you can access.
Find information about health issues that could affect you and your family.
Minor injuries & illness
There are several common illnesses and injuries that you can treat yourself.
Find out more about some of the most common and what help you local pharmacist or minor injury unit can help you with.
NHS 111 Symptom Checker
If you're worried about a symptom, follow this link, answer some questions, and NHS 111 will tell you what to do next.
Depending on your symptoms, they might advise you to:
- call 999 or go to A&E in an emergency
- go to an urgent treatment centre
- see an evening and weekend (out-of-hours) GP
- book a callback from a nurse
- get urgent specialist support, for dental or mental health problems
- contact your own GP surgery
- see a pharmacist for help with a minor illness
- look after yourself at home